Tue, 22 Nov|
Opleidingscentrum A | KU Leuven
wICE – Basic CPU Architecture and Optimization
This 2-day training is offered by NEC, the vendor of our new Tier-2 cluster wICE. A more advanced training is also scheduled to build up on this training, for users who would like to dive deeper into using HPC infrastructures.
Time & Location
22 Nov 2022, 09:00 – 23 Nov 2022, 17:00
Opleidingscentrum A | KU Leuven, Willem de Croylaan 52, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
About the Event
Purpose and Program
This 2-day training is offered by NEC, the vendor of our new Tier-2 cluster wICE. A more advanced training is also scheduled to build up on this training, for users who would like to dive deeper into using HPC infrastructures. Here is a brief schetch of the program.
- General system overview (CPU, memory, network, I/O, SMT, ...)
- Compilers (Intel, GNU, advanced options)
- Commonly used libraries (MKL)
- Parallelization (OpenMP, MPI, process/thread pinning)
- Tuning and optimization (performance analysis, tools, techniques, reports)
- Performance scaling
Target Audience This training is suited for
- researches who are developing their own source code
- users which are porting a serial code to work in parallel (multi-threading of multi-processing)
- developers who are planning to port a working software (on a different platform) to run it on VSC machines
- users of parallel software who like to gain deeper insight into efficient use of compute architecture
Tuesday 22 November and Wednesday 23 November, starting from 9:00 am until 17:00 pm.
Opleidingscentrum A KU Leuven Willem De Croylaan 52A BE-3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Prerequisites If you already have a VSC account, be ready to login to Tier-2 for the hands-on exercieses.
Follow up Training Immediately after this trainig, we have also scheduled an advanced training to dive deeper into the few selected topics. You are adviced to also sign up for the Advanced Training.