Tue, 24 Oct|
VSC USERS DAY 2023
Optimize your workflows for maximum HPC performance.
Time & Location
24 Oct, 13:00 – 18:00
Hoek 38, Rue de Louvain 38, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
About the Event
We are delighted to announce the highly anticipated VSC Users Day, which will take place on October 24, 2023, at FWO, Hoek 38, Brussels. Mark your calendars now for this exciting event!
The theme of the day will focus on optimizing your workflows for maximum HPC performance. We have designed this event with you in mind, aiming to provide a range of inspiring talks and captivating lightning talks. Additionally, this day will present an invaluable opportunity to connect and engage with fellow VSC HPC users.
If you are interested in participating in a presentation during the lightning talks, we kindly ask you to take a moment to review the guidelines provided below. We believe your unique insights and expertise will greatly contribute to the success of this event.
We eagerly look forward to welcoming you this fall and sharing an enriching and empowering experience together! Get ready for an unforgettable day of learning and collaboration.
13:00-13:30 Registration and sandwiches
13:30-13:40 Welcome and logistics
13:40-14:20 How can ChatGPT help you use HPC effectively?
14:20-15:00 Beyond traditional HPC: Tier-1 Cloud and Tier-1 Data, Open OnDemand, containers
15:10-16:10 Lightning talks
16:10-16:50 How to get your work done faster?
16:50-17:00 Lightning talks award, closing
17:00-18:00 Reception and lightning talk discussion/networking
Guidelines to submit your presentation for the lightning talks
- Choose a catchy title, bear in mind that you address a very diverse audience from a wide variety of scientific/application domains.
- List your collaborators and their affiliations on the title slide.
- On the title slide, underline the name of the presenter, that makes it easier for the other attendees to get in touch with you.
- You have 2 minutes for your talk, this will be rigorously enforced.
- Limit the number of slides to at most three besides the title slide (so at most four slides in total).
- Upload your slides in PDF format.
- Provide an abstract of at most 250 words.
- The deadline for final submission is October 17, 2023.
Click here to download the slide example.