top of page
Tue, 17 Oct|
UAntwerp | Campus Middelheim
Supercomputers for starters@UAntwerp
For everybody without knowledge of supercomputer architecture (hardware and software).
Time & Location
1 more dates
17 Oct, 09:30 – 13:00 CEST
UAntwerp | Campus Middelheim , België, Middelheimlaan 1, 2020 Antwerpen, Belgium
About the Event
- For everybody without knowledge of supercomputer architecture (hardware and software).
- We take a closer look at the architecture of a supercomputer and the consequences that has for running and developing software. The course material is not restricted to the clusters at the University of Antwerp VSC hub, but applies to all VSC clusters and even LUMI, the European pre-exascale supercomputer that Belgium participates in, and other big supercomputers. The outcome of this lecture is not only a better understanding of the fundamental differences between a supercomputer and a regular workstation and the fundamental limitations of a supercomputer, but also some insight in what can be expected the coming years.
- This lecture is equally relevant to those who will merely be running existing software as to those who will program on the clusters.
- Previous session: March 2 and 7, 9.30-13.00 h (CGB U.244)
- Next session: October 12, 9.30-13.00 h (CGB U.244) and October 17, 9.30-13.00 h (CGB U.241)
- Slides of the March 2023 session
- Incomplete course notes (work in progress)
bottom of page