Mon, 06 Nov|
FWO Brussels, Hoek 38
LUMI User Day 2023
All current and potential users from academia and industry
Time & Location
06 Nov 2023, 10:00 – 18:00 CET
FWO Brussels, Hoek 38, Rue de Louvain 38, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
About the Event
Welcome to the LUMI User Day 2023!
📆 Mark your calendars for November 6th, 2023, as we invite you to join us for an exhilarating on-site event in the heart of Brussels.
The LUMI User Day promises to be a dynamic gathering, and we can't wait to welcome you.
🌐 Whether you're a current LUMI user, hailing from national or international research domains, or a potential user from academia and industry, this day is designed with you in mind. LUMI bridges the gap between the possibilities of supercomputing and the innovation of tomorrow, and we want you to be a part of this transformative journey.
🎤 Our lineup of speakers includes luminaries from the EU Ecosystem, featuring the likes of EuroHPC, PRACE, EuroCC, and, of course, LUMI.
They will share their insights, visions, and innovations that are shaping the future of supercomputing.
🔬 But what truly sets this event apart are the voices of our users. You'll hear firsthand from researchers who have harnessed the power of LUMI and experienced a quantum leap in their work. They'll share stories of how LUMI has made a pivotal difference in their research and outcomes, and why you should consider this powerhouse for your projects.
💼 We also want to extend a warm invitation to the industry. LUMI is not just an academic hub; it's a platform where industry meets innovation. Discover how your organization can leverage LUMI's capabilities to push the boundaries of technology and research and accelerate your journey toward groundbreaking solutions.
- 10.00-10.10 Welcome
- 10.10-11.00 EuroHPC JU: Leading the way in European Supercomputing | Josephine Wood (EuroHPC JU)
- 11.00-11.25 Dense matter in the cosmos: nuclei, pasta, and explosions | Wouter Reyssens (ULB)
- 11.25-11.55 The Third Phase of PRACE - A User-centric Association | Serge Bogaerts (PRACE)
- 12.00-13.00 Lunch
- 13.00-13.25 GmshDDM on LUMI: first runs of a new solver for large scale time-harmonic flow acoustics problems | Christophe Geuzaine (ULiège)
- 13.25-13.50 Destination Earth: using LUMI to improve the prediction of extreme weather events | Denis Haumont (RMI)
- 13.50-14.15 Design of novel DPP8 and DPP9 inhibitors using cosolvent molecular dynamics simulations | Olivier Beyens (UAntwerpen)
- 14.15-14.50 LUMI introduced: Opportunities and limitations | Kurt Lust (LUST & UAntwerpen)
- 14.50-15.20 Coffee break
- 15.20-15.45 EuroCC Belgium: Empowering the Belgian supercomputing community | Benoît Dompierre (NCC Belgium)
- 15.45-16.10 LES of the boundary layer transition on a high-pressure turbine vane in view of accurate predictions of the heat flux distribution | Koen Hillewaert (ULiège)
- 16.10-16.35 Pushing the boundaries of molecular simulations with LUMI: multi-million atoms simulations on a realistic dyed cell membrane | Pierre Beaujean (UNamur)
- 16.35-17.00 Faster MPI: GPU-to-GPU Communication on LUMI | Thomas Gillis (UCLouvain)
- 17.00-18.00 Reception and networking