Thu, 20 Oct|
Linux scripting- infosession
This course takes half a day.
Time & Location
20 Oct 2022, 09:00 – 13:00 CEST
About the Event
This course will give an introduction to Linux scripting with an introduction to the mostly used loops while programming
- How to create script files in Bash shell- Basic loops in Linux
- Return values
- Setting variables
- Using quotes
- Command line parameters
- Introduction to expressions
- Test conditions
- Shell logic structures (sequence, decision, loops)
- Shell functions
- i/o issues
- Using Linux scripting in writing PBS scripts for HPC
- This course provides hands-on sessions
This course is primarily targeted at current VSC-users.
Having a basic knowledge of Linux is expected (if not please follow first the Linux-introduction course). Users that want to use VSC account for hands-on sessions should already have a VSC account created (bring the private key) and should have followed HPC introduction and Linux for HPC or should have the equivalent knowledge).
- Understanding and writing short Linux scripts
- Getting familiar to expressions, shell functions
- Being able to write a script using logic structures (test, sequence, decision, loop)