Mon, 07 Oct|
Time & Location
07 Oct 2019, 13:00 – 17:00
Room A7, Agoralaan gebouw D, 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium
About the Event
HPC infrastructure uses Linux as its operating system, so if you want to use a supercomputer, you have to be familiar with it. This training will ensure that
- you know what a terminal is;
- you understand the way files and directories work under Linux;
- you can edit a file on a Linux system;
- you know some useful tools to work in a terminal.
- If you plan to use VSC infrastructure: ensure that you have an account prior to the training, see https://vlaams-supercomputing-centrum-vscdocumentation.readthedocs-hosted.com/en/latest/access/getting_access.html for how to request one.
- Make sure you can log in, and bring your laptop.