Tue, 21 Mar|
Time & Location
21 Mar 2023, 09:00 – 13:00 CET
About the Event
LaTeX is a document preparation system particularly suited for typesetting scientific texts, papers and theses. LaTeX is ideal for producing structured documents particularly those containing mathematics, tables, etc. This introduction will teach how to use an editor (TexnicCenter), create, compile and print a basic LaTeX document. We will learn how to structure the document, add tables, figures, etc. The different topics will be demonstrated with small examples and pointers to more advanced features will be given. Time for small hands-on experience is provided.
- What is LaTeX: some history, installing LaTeX, the LaTeX cycle
- A first LaTeX document: basic LaTeX commands
- Manipulating Text: bold face etc., lists, font size, etc.
- Adding more: tables, figures, referencing
- Long documents: getting it structured, table of contents, bibliography, bibtex
- Beamer: a very short introduction to slides in LaTeX
- Understand the purpose, philosophy of LaTeX.
- Understand and use a LaTeX oriented editor.
- Use LaTeX to format text in various ways.
- Use LaTeX to format mathematics, add tables and figures, etc.
- Use LaTeX to create long documents with table of contents, bibliography, etc.