Tue, 09 May|
Science Park | University of Antwerp
Data-driven Approaches in Life Sciences
Collaboration with a knowledge institution can help boost your innovation. Academic research facilities and consortia provide services to companies.
Time & Location
09 May, 09:00 – 13:00
Science Park | University of Antwerp, Galileilaan 15, 2845 Niel, Belgium
About the Event
Collaboration with a knowledge institution can help boost your innovation. Academic research facilities and consortia provide services to companies. The Science Park invites you to meet and engage with some of our knowledge partners. On May 9th we welcome Biomina, IDLab and VSC.
The volume of data available to the life sciences industry keeps on growing. But how to turn these data into value? Biomina, IDLab and the Flemish Supercomputer Center (VSC) offer a variety of services related to data processing, analysis and valorization. Find out how bioinformatics analysis, AI applications or a super computer can change the future of life sciences and boost your business.
• 9.00 Welcome coffee
• 9.30 Word of welcome by the Science Park UAntwerp
• 9.35 'Supercharging Innovation with the Flemish Supercomputer Center (VSC), by HPC consultant Carl Mensch
o Introduction VSC’s services
o Use case testimonial by Sam Detry, Co-founder of Puxano
• 10.15 From raw data to business insights: IDLab's AI solutions to life science research, by Senior Researcher Ngoc Quang Luong
o Introduction of IDLab’s services
• 10.50 Break
• 11.15 Get to know your data: from bioinformatics to machine learning, understanding complex life-science data, by Core facility manager Andrea Bours
o Introduction of Biomina’s services
o Use case testimonial by (tbc)
• 12.00 Networking lunch + possibility for 1-on-1 meetings
Discover the services of Biomina, IDLab and VSC and get connected!
• Participation is free of charge, registration is required