Time & Location
17 Jan, 12:00 – 14:00 CET
ICTS, KU Leuven, Willem de Croylaan 52/bus 5580, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
About the Event
A Dashbaords is a useful tool to present data for reporting and exploration. The added value is that a dashboard can be interactive. Python has several frameworks to easily create dashboards, and you will learn about their relative strengths and weaknesses based on some real-world use cases.Learning outcomes
When you complete this training you will
- be able to create simple dashboards for reporting purposes;
- be able to create simple web applications;
- learn how to deploy dashboards on Github;
- learn how to deploy web application on streamlit.io;
- learn how to deploy a web application on Amazon EC2;
- know which libraries and frameworks to choose depending on your project requirements.
Total duration: 2 hours.
- Introduction and motivation | 5 min.
- Panel | 40 min.
- Deploying on Github | 10 min.
- Streamlit | 40 min.
- Deploying on streamlit.io | 10 min.
- Amazon EC2 | 10 min.
- Wrap up | 5 min.
Slides are available in the GitHub repository, as well as example code and hands-on material.Target audience
This training is for you if you need to use Python for data analysis.Prerequisites
You will need experience programming in Python. This is not a training that starts from scratch. Familiarity with pandas is not required but would be beneficial.
If you plan to do Python programming in a Linux or HPC environment you should be familiar with these as well.Trainer(s)
- Geert Jan Bex (firstname.lastname@example.org)