Matlab Supercalculator Introduction
Time & Location
About the Event
This course provides a quick introduction to Matlab. The purpose is to give students fluency in Matlab: get to know the software environment, use it as a super scientific calculator and know the very basics of Matlab as a programming environment.
Topics covered are:
Matlab as a calculator
- Matlab Desktop and the Matlab HELP
- Creating Arrays
- Array Operations
- Logical Operations
- Matlab scripts
- Importing data
- Matlab interactive graphics
- Basic numericals
This course is primarily targeted at researchers that would like/need to perform large scale computations using HPC facility - current and potential VSC-users.
No prior knowledge of Matlab is required. Basic computer literacy is expected as well as a basic understanding of the concepts of programming.
After completion the student should be able to:
- Use the Matlab environment in an efficient way
- Write programs in Matlab to solve scientific problems
- Scripts, functions
- Use different built-in data types
- Use the available tools to improve the performance
Course Room: opleidingslokaal B