This system is since October 2016 in production use.
On this cluster you can run highly parallel, large scale computations that rely critically on efficient communication.
- 580 computing nodes
- Two 14-core Intel Xeon processors (Broadwell, E5-2680v4)
- 128 GiB RAM (435 nodes) or 256 GiB (145 nodes)
- EDR InfiniBand interconnect
- High bandwidth (11.75 GB/s per direction, per link)
- Slightly improved latency over FDR
- Storage system
- Capacity of 634 TB
- Peak bandwidth of 20 GB/s
You will find the standard Linux HPC software stack installed on the Tier-1 cluster. If required, user support will install additional (Linux) software you require, but you are responsible for taking care of the licensing issues (including associated costs).
You can get access to this infrastructure by applying for a starting grant, submitting a project proposal that will be evaluated on scientific and technical merits, or by buying compute time.